Monday, November 20, 2017

30-33 WEEKS PREGNANT

Week 30 started off with yet another failed BPP and NST and off we went to the hospital. I was hooked up to monitors for a few hours and Baby L was having some decels. They decided to do a labor stress test, which means that they start labor to see how baby reacts to contractions. I was super nervous, but it was much better than expected. The contractions weren't serious and i felt no pain the entire time. Unfortunately, Baby L did not react positively through the contractions. We were then admitted to the hospital and started on steroids and magnesium to help develop Baby L. We were told I would have to be there for sure for 2 days because there were two rounds of steroids and they had to be given 24 hours apart. During the time I was there, I was constantly monitored. Baby L was still having decels and there was a lot of talk that I may have to be admitted to the hospital until delivery. This was super scary and I was dreading getting the news. After four days in the hospital, my doctor finally made the decision that I could go home. However, I would have to attend 2 BPPs per week and one NST appt per week.

After the 4 day hospital stay, Baby L was on her best behavior for a week and we were able to get through the weekend of our baby shower. I'll do a separate post on my baby shower, which was the best!!!

Week 32 came around and Baby L started acting up again and we had a 6 hour hospital stay on Friday. Since it was a Friday, I was able to go home, but my doctor had me return to the hospital on Saturday to have a BPP and NST. Baby L passed both tests on Saturday and we were able to go home.

Week 33 on Wednesday, I realized at lunch that I hadn't felt Baby L all morning. I had an appointment at 1:40, but left work at noon to go check in early to see if I could get checked out. They got me in to a sono immediately to check for a heartbeat. Her heart was beating at 151 and i felt some relief. My doctor sent me next door to the hospital to get on the monitors. I could tell things were different based on how the nurse was treating me and the room they put me in. Shortly after being hooked up to the monitors, Baby L started decelling again. The resident doctor gave me the heads up that they were admitting me and I would either be delivering that night or in the next couple days depending on how Baby L acted. They started me on another round of steroids, just in case I would be able to hold off on delivering for a couple days. 8:00pm rolled around and a few decels later, the decision was made that I would be delivering that night.

I'll continue my delivery story in my next post!










No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO POWERED BY BLOGGER